Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Red

I'm not sure what the red shrub is, but I think we once found out that it's a variety of lagerstroemia (crepe myrtle). Whatever it is, it's a bright splash of red in our neighbors' yard. The view here is of our own house seen from across the road on the neighbors' property.

Our house seen from across the road, which is just beyond that hedge.

The weather people are telling us to prepare for a wet weekend as a few perturbations (cold fronts) are lining up out in the Atlantic and are expected to sweep over France in the next few days. We'll see what actually materializes.

5 comments:

  1. Charming. We've had some rain here and more expected today. Enough steady drizzle Monday to form some puddles. Not of much use, but still exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks very happy. I am from the Albany area as you are, Walt, and I have friends in upstate NY send me some fall foliage shots every year because I do miss the brilliant oranges, reds and yellows in the variety of trees there. Nice that you have some spots of color in your yard and neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walt... "We'll see what actually materializes.".... you "believe" them as much as me, then!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, I think that's the first time I've heard drizzle being described as exciting!

    kiwi, it's nothing like an upstate NY/New England fall, though. ;)

    judy, :)

    tim, they often predict a lot a few days out, then ratchet it down as the system approaches.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!