Monday, October 31, 2022

Halloween

So here we are at the end of an eerily warm October and, as if on cue, the forecast for the first week of November is for a cool-down to more seasonable temperatures. It's time to get the last of the potted plants indoors for the winter. November is also when I put away the deck table and chairs and clean and cover the grill. And there are more leaves to rake. Always leaves.

Another view of our hamlet from out in the vineyard at sunrise.

Halloween is not really celebrated here in France. The media try to hype it up each year, but I don't think that French people in general are interested. My theory is that most folks are on vacation and traveling around the Toussaint holiday and can't be bothered. And tourism is probably better for the economy than costumes and candy. Just as well, as far as I'm concerned.

4 comments:

  1. I wish Halloween weren't gaining a toe-hold here, The photo is another beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing your tall tree in this lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mitch, I was always a "turn off the lights, go out for dinner" kind of person. Here, so far, we don't have to do that.

    evelyn, brace yourself... that tree is coming down soon. It's dying because, we think, of the drought.

    judy, always. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!