Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Man the pumps!

We had a doozie of a storm last night. It rained a lot during the afternoon, then at around nine pm the bottom dropped out. Lightning, thunder, and pounding rain for about an hour. I've rarely heard rain like that here. The rain tapered off for about half an hour as the storm moved to the northeast. Then the moon came out. Shortly after that, clouds returned obscuring the moon, and I could see lightning flashes, but heard no thunder. I tossed and turned for most of the rest of the night. We had some minor leaks/flooding in the usual places. Maybe I shouldn't have written about bruine yesterday.

Château de Ranrouët. Digitized color slide, January 1992.

This is the Château de Ranrouët, a ruined castle near the coast south of Brittany. We stopped here for a picnic lunch toward the end of our road trip back in 1992. Read more here.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, I’d want to buy and renovate that castle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are glad that our roof repairs have been done in the nick of time. We had a huge amount of rain, 4.5cm in the afternoon alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read "man the Pumps" and instantly pictured a hoard of drag queens running for their high heels. He He He.

    I love a good storm until it causes leaks or damages...then its all bollix and bothersome!

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m with Mitchell. I love that castle.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, did you hit the lottery?

    jean, you were lucky! That was a lot of rain...

    sean, now I'll have that image in my head... LOL!

    bettyann, maybe you can do a time share deal! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!