Sunday, October 02, 2022

That's amore

Saturday was pizza day! I made a very simple version this time. It's close to what's known in France (and in Naples where it originated) as une pizza Margherita. Just tomato sauce, basil, and cheese. I used fresh tomatoes in place of sauce and French comté cheese in place of mozzarella. I added some black olives for visual interest.

The second pizza with basil on top. That's amore!

The first pie (to hit my eye) had the basil baked in under the cheese, but on the second pizza (shown here), I put the basil on top after the pie came out of the oven. I think we both tasted the basil more on the second pizza, but they were both good.

5 comments:

  1. As always, a work of art. SG orders his pizza with an additional side of fresh basil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so crunchy and fresh and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a super pastry chef you certainly deliver pizzas that are out of this world. So, this one is certainly as good as beautiful it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting window on la Chapelle saint Hervé!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done! This looks to beat the usual rubbish types by a good country mile.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!