Sunday, November 20, 2022

Vines in black and white

It was a chilly day yesterday. The sun was out most of the day and there was very little wind, so it felt ok to be outdoors. Still, I had a fire going all day. Today will be the same drill, except maybe with some rain.

The autumn vineyard.

On Friday we got a call from the contracter we talked to about doing the deck. He said he was waiting for me to send our choice of deck tile so he could complete the estimate. Problem: I sent it to him back in September. So I sent it again using a different email account and he got it right away. I suspect his email provider thought my original message was spam. I have another account with the same provider as he, and that's the message that went through. So, we're on track. I'm happy he called; it makes me think he wants to do the job.

6 comments:

  1. What a relief he called. Another contractor might have just let it drop. The B&W vineyard photo is powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when Spam was just meat, now it's mostly a modern problem! Glad your deck work is going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy about the progress on the deck!
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Email addresses can be a problem, even though most of the time I don't have any problems. At least you found out the contractor hadn't received your response!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fingers crossed this works out well and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mitch, yes! Now I've got a plumber who's missing in action. He cashed our check last spring. Ugh.

    evelyn, the work probably won't happen until spring. At least he was up front about that. I'll keep you posted.

    bettyann, yay!

    mary, I normally don't have a problem, but sometimes I do get the two addresses confused.

    michael, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!