Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Documentation

I'm glad I took the camera out last week for these photos of the taking down of the "first row of trees," as we call it. The trunks got cut at ground level, then the branches were removed, and finally the logs were split (with the help of a big mechanical log splitter) and stacked. Yesterday, a tractor came by with a trailer and, after a few round-trips, the logs are all gone.

Acacia logs stacked on the other side of the stream bed. They've all be taken away now.

In the foreground of this photo, you can see the new vines that were planted last year. At some point, the big vineyard parcel in the background (behind the logs in the photo) will be prepared for new vines. I wonder if it will be this year or next?

3 comments:

  1. No doubt technology makes these projects so much easierr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mitch, I'd hate to think what it would be like to do it all by hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got sidetracked yesterday but I wanted to say, "that was a big haul of logs!" A few trucks or trips, for sure?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!