Sunday, March 03, 2024

I dunno

This image of a bell is among the slides I took in Venasque, but I can't find (using the internet) a church or civic building in town that has a belfry like this. Perhaps the bell is in a nearby town. I'll keep trying (kind of) to identify it.

Somewhere near Venasque. Digitized color slide, September 2001.

I'm ready for the rain to stop. Walking the dog is soggy work. The ground feels like a damp sponge beneath my feet. Grass is growing like nobody's business (the first mowing is going to be a challenge). There's been a lot of wind and our temperatures remain in the single digits (celsius). On the other hand, trees are blossoming, daffodils are flowering, the days are staying lighter longer, and the birds are chirping up a storm. Such is the transition of winter into spring.

4 comments:

  1. Another wonderful photo, wherever it may be. I wish we had that kind of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I’m looking forward to seeing your pictures of daffodils and other signs of spring. Not that churches and bells aren’t interesting. Last night we had the worst and longest lightning, thunder and rain storm I’ve ever, ever experienced.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. mitch, if wishes were fishes... they'd be swimming around in our back yard. ;)

    judy, :)

    bettyann, I haven't taken any, yet. Lousy weather for photography. Soon!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!