Saturday, March 02, 2024

The way in

This is one way to get inside the church of Notre-Dame in Venasque. I don't know if there are other doors. I have no slides from inside the church and no recollection of going in. It may have been locked up the day we visited.

This church has been worked on a few times over the centuries. Digitized color slide, September 2001.

I mentioned that my slides are kind of mixed up, a little out of order, and that I'm probably mixing them up a little more in the scanning process. Most of my slides are in Kodak carousels ready to be viewed with a projector. But my projector died about twenty years ago so, except for scanning, I haven't seen many of them for a while. Scanning slides and posting some of them here on the blog are giving them a second life. The slides in the carousels are those I felt were worthy of projection. I have boxes of slides that I didn't think turned out well, rejects, if you will. I'll probably never look at those again. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I love the textures, planes, and shades of this church. It would be fascinating to see the different stages of its development.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!