Wednesday, March 20, 2024

La Durance, seen from Cavaillon

The title says it all. The Durance is une rivière as opposed to un fleuve. That is, it is a tributary of another river (in this case, the Rhône) and does not directly empty into a sea or ocean. The Durance is just over 300 km long (about 200 miles) and, toward its western end, skirts the southern flanks of the Luberon range.

The Durance in September. Not a lot of water. Digitized color slide, September 2001.

Nothing at all happened with that giant dump truck vehicle yesterday. I just sits out there. I'll keep an eye on it.* Otherwise, the spirit moved me to get out yesterday afternoon and cut grass! I got the south forty almost all cut (except for a small patch around some trees/shrubs). I need to go out and get some gas for further cutting.

*As I type this, another truck just went out into the vineyard. And I notice there's a big 'ol backhoe out there that I didn't see arrive. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Some excitement in the 'hood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. France really does have so many interesting spots to visit, especially wonderful in such a small country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. evelyn, and our neighbors are trimming their hedge! The fun never stops...

    judy, true. And we still have a long list...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!