Thursday, March 21, 2024

What's going on (?)

I snapped this quick view from the guest room window yesterday afternoon. You can see the orange backhoe lifting grape vine trunks (with a huge rake-looking attachment) from their piles into the yellow dump truck. Look closely. There's a guy standing up on the cab of the yellow dump truck for scale. Each time the truck was filled, that guy drove it over to the ravine (where the acacia trees were removed) and dumped it.

Kickin' up a little dust in the vineyard.

I walked out there with Tasha to take a closer look, but I couldn't really see where the dumping was happening. The backhoe had cleaned out the ravine earlier in the day. I saw no sign of either the grape vine trunks or the acacia stumps in the ground and that really puzzled me. Did they rip all the stumps out of the ground? When did that happen? Where did they go? Where are the grape vine trunks? I'll walk out there again this morning, hopefully before the work starts up again and take a closer look.

Never a dull moment!

5 comments:

  1. What a view. Hope you solve the mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised they used such large equipment- it must make the job pretty easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such excitement!
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary in Oregon21 March, 2024 17:34

    Your own private screening!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!