Sunday, March 31, 2024

Valley view

These are some of the Châteauneuf-du-Pape vineyards in the Rhône Valley seen from up in the town. The river is visible in the background. I don't remember the last time I had a C-d-P wine. I'll have to look for one soon. I do, however, know that I've had the more affordable Côtes du Rhône a few times in recent memory.

The Rhône River at Châteauneuf-du-Pape. Digitized color slide, September 2001.

Today is Easter Sunday and Ken is making our traditional meal of rabbit. This year, it's a kind of rabbit fricassée, a stew of vegetables, rabbit, and white wine. Yum!

Today is also the start of Summer Time. We turned the clocks ahead this morning (I did it all last night before bed). The days are getting longer and now the evenings will be lighter later.

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your traditional Easter Sunday dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter feasting!
    Last night, sitting in the living room (where we have a bank of big, tall windows to the back yard... we have an atrium ranch), I was struck by how light out it still was at 7:30 pm. It was just the early start of dusk, it seemed. So much more pleasant than dark dark dark at 5:00 pm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter to you and Ken!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for summer time! Happy Easter to everyone.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, thanks!

    judy, the return of the sun is always welcome!

    evelyn, to you and Lewis, too!

    bettyann, yay! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!