Monday, April 01, 2024

Easter dessert

I haven't made individual tarts in quite a while, so I thought why not? These are amandine aux poires (almond pear tarts). I've made full-sized amandine many times so, again, why not try the little ones? My individual, non-stick tart pans haven't had much of a workout in recent years; they performed beautifully.

Tartes amandine aux poires.

The filling is made with ground almonds, butter, eggs, flour, sugar, and a shot of Poire Williams (pear brandy). A canned pear-half is sliced onto the top of each tart before baking. I glazed them with some of Ken's home-made plum jelly after they baked and cooled. These made for a tasty dessert after Easter lunch. And we have leftovers!

7 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering. I’m my way over for coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mitch, I'm afraid they won't last...

    jan, LOL

    judy, haha!

    travel, they were pretty tasty, if I do say so myself. ;)

    michael, yup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary in Oregon03 April, 2024 22:46

    When I opened up this photo on the first, I was so engrossed in my imagination of biting into that shortbread crust and tasting a little bit of that pear brandy I forgot to comment! Tartlette pans just make it fun, don't they!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!