Saturday, April 13, 2024

Another view

Once again, here's the Fontaine des Mascarons in the village of Séguret. Each of the three "masks" is unique.

Fontaine des Mascarons in Séguret. Digitized color slide, September 2001.

We're expecting a warm day today. More grass cutting! For the record, I only got about half of the west forty cut yesterday. There are some really thick patches that take a lot of energy to push the mower through. Even though the mower is self-propelled, it still takes some effort in the thick grass. And the west forty is the largest section. That leaves Sunday morning for the south forty (we can make noise between 10h00 and 12h00 on Sundays) and that will depend on how quickly the morning dew evaporates.

I'm heading in to the market this morning. Asparagus, radishes, and egg rolls are on the list. I'll also look for some chicken sausages and maybe even some fish. Depends on how busy it is and how long the lines are.

6 comments:

  1. I love this fountain. Wish I had one with a similar look for the terrace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fountain! What function do the iron pieces serve? Maybe they are braces of some sort?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful fountain!
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fascinating masks; I wonder how they are imagined?

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, maybe they sell them at the garden center. ;)

    evelyn, I think they're for setting your water can on while it fills up with fountain water.

    bettyann, :)

    judy, I skipped last weekend, so it was time.

    michael, good question! I have no answer.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!