Tuesday, April 23, 2024

La glycine

Our wisteria is in full bloom, so I thought I should get some photos before the blossoms fade away. I think I just made it. I've forgotten when we planted it, but it's been a while. It grows very well where it is, a western exposure, and I have to trim it back almost every year. One day I'll try to tackle a drastic pruning, but not without doing some research fist. I don't want to kill it.

Wisteria flowers in Monday's low morning light.

The grape growers in our immediate area don't seem to be too worried about today's frost threat. There's no sign of smudge pots or anything else out there. I can hear the fans blowing in the vineyards up north of the river. They sound like helicopters in the distance, except that they never get closer or farther away. They keep the air moving around the vines to help prevent freezing air from settling in.

4 comments:

  1. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a wisteria that blue and rich in color. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting about those fans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glorious shades of blue, we see purple ones round here, or white generally. Pats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, the low light helped saturate the colors.

    evelyn, yes.

    pats, I've seen a few white ones, but no many.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!