Wednesday, April 03, 2024

Window dressing

It seems like everywhere you turn in France, and probably most of Europe (and beyond!), there's a picturesque window with shutters and pretty flowers. It's hard not to take photos of them and I probably have way too many. Here's another one.

No flowers on this window sill in Châteauneuf-du-Pape, but the color is nice. Digitized color slide, September 2001.

We woke up to light rain this morning. The radar shows that it's moving off soon. I can't believe I'm writing this: we need to dry out a little. River flooding has reached several communities in our area. Thankfully, where we are is mostly high and sort of dry. No leaks to report (knock on wood), although we have been eating leeks this week. LOL. The ground is saturated and everywhere you turn it's spongy and/or muddy.

4 comments:

  1. Your photo shows the hoops we have to go through to shade an inside opening window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn’t pass up an opportunity for one of these shots. Is sky blue the most common color of the shutters?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary in Oregon03 April, 2024 22:41

    Windows and shutters in stone houses are kind of like the mountains and meadows with flowers in Switzerland. I wouldn't be able to pass up this photo, either, nor could I drive very far without stopping in Switzerland! I could have this photo on my wall and enjoy it everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lesley, one of the reasons we replaced our windows with sliders.

    mitch, I've not thought about that, but it could be, especially in Provence.

    mary, :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!