Sunday, April 07, 2024

Water under the bridge

I finally got my act together to stop down by the river in Saint-Aignan for some photos of the high water. Of course, by the time I did (yesterday), the water level had dropped significantly. But there's still quite a dam of tree trunks and branches under the bridge. The island (where I'm standing) is closed to cars and pedestrians so I couldn't get any better views than this.

The château at Saint-Aignan looms over the only bridge in town. The next bridges are about five kilometers away in either direction.

To boot, there's some kind of work going on at the bridge (maybe cleaning the stone?) that's now been interrupted. There's scaffolding set up on the other (downstream) side that you can't see in this shot. They actually closed the bridge for a short time a few days ago to clear out some of the debris. As you can see here, there's still work to be done.

2 comments:

  1. That’s an amazing amount of debris, and to think that’s AFTER a cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a lot of debris. It’s so nice that the village maintains the bridge, the clean part is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!