Tuesday, April 02, 2024

The streets of Châteauneuf-du-Pape

Here's another snapshot I took while walking toward the ruins of the donjon in Châteauneuf-du-Pape.

Chateauneuf-du-Pape. Digitized color slide, September 2001.

We had a brief thunderstorm yesterday afternoon accompanied by sleet (little ice pellets). There were probably two lightning bolts followed by thunder. Then it was over. There was another giboulée (shower) later in the evening with rain and wind, but no thunder. The weather people are predicting summer-like weather by the end of the week. I hope that they're right.

4 comments:

  1. I love the photo. It looks vintage. I wonder if 2001 is now vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the word, giboulee. Great photo.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. mitch, hard to say. I was fifteen.

    bettyann, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary in Oregon03 April, 2024 22:43

    Yes, we are experiencing giboulees for the rest of the week, after having 74 degrees yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!