Tuesday, June 04, 2024

La tondeuse

Here's the new lawnmower. It's called a mini rider in French. According to our research, it's the right size for our property. A larger mower would have been overkill. I don't think there are smaller machines. It's a Troy-Bilt brand and it was assembled in the USA (with global parts!). So says the sticker. I remember that brand from when I was younger (and lived across the river from Troy, NY, where their roto-tiller machines were made). Troy-Bilt was subsequently acquired by a company called MTD (Modern Tool and Die) in Ohio. They also own Stanley and Black & Decker, two well-known tool manufacturers. I suspect that the factory in Troy is long gone.

Troy-Bilt mini rider in the driveway.

Monday afternoon was relatively warm and dry, so I took advantage and got most of the yard cut. I did the west and north forties and the strip along the road and outside the hedges. Today I plan to finish with the south forty and maybe some detail work. I'm still learning how to maneuver the mower around the yard as well as what the different levers and settings for cutting do. I think I'm getting the hang of it, but there are still a few things to get used to.

6 comments:

  1. That’s an adorable little mower. I’ve never seen one so concisely and efficiently designed. I never connected in my mind Troy-Bilt with Troy, New York.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should get the job done. I grew up on an IH Cub Cadet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary in Oregon04 June, 2024 19:47

    What a Cutie! Next, maybe we'll see you in the driver's seat cutting some corners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, I'm hoping that it's Well-Bilt. ;)

    travel, International Harvester?

    judy, I'll miss the exercise I got from walking behind...

    evelyn, :)

    mary, you never know...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!