Tuesday, December 06, 2022

Bark

Tree bark, that is. I think this is a conifer in the woods over by the Artsy Organized Neighbor's road to nowhere. I like the patterns.

The green stuff are lichens.

Not much is happening around here right now. We're making trips to the store, the post office, and wineries. And making lunch. You know, the basics. I'll head over to the market on Saturday to see if they're taking orders for turkeys. I'm doing the daily chore of emptying ashes from the wood stove, splitting wood, and building the daily fire. It's getting colder each day this week, with highs in the mid-to-low single digits (celsius). It's my turn to walk Tasha this morning. She gets impatient waiting for me to put on the cold weather gear (long johns, scarf, hat, gloves, coat, and hiking boots). She's always ready.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Could you post pictures of a fire in your wood stove? I never see that in person in Florida.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. mitch, ha!

    bettyann, look here: https://wcs4.blogspot.com/2021/12/light-my-fire.html

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!