Thursday, December 01, 2022

Wish me luck

I'm venturing out this morning to find coques (cockles). They're like miniature clams and they're very tasty in a white clam sauce for pasta. It's market day in a nearby town where there are a couple (maybe three) fish mongers and where I've found coques before. I'll drive over there as soon as it gets light out.

Fallen oak leaves (I think) among the ivy.

Temperatures are predicted to stay in the single digits for the remainder of the week, possibly for the remainder of the year. The solstice is three weeks away. Winter is upon us.

6 comments:

  1. Wishing lots of luck. Oh, good lord! Now I am hearing the Molly Malone ditty over and over in my mind She was a fishmonger....wheeled their barrows, through streets broad and narrow crying, "Cockles and mussels, alive, alive, oh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had that piece in my large "Folk Songs Book" (Green stamp reward!) and loved to play and sing along on our piano.Now that will be buzzing around the rest of the day and evening!

      Delete
  2. I'm not going to say it. I'm NOT going to say it. (Good luck.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the ghost of Groceries yet to come; you will do OK.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!