Thursday, May 04, 2023

Angles and perspective

It seems to me that it's difficult to get a wide-angle shot from inside the courtyard at the Château de Blois without a lot of distortion at the edges. I'm sure it can be done, with multiple shots and some skill with photography software, just not by me. This is a single shot of the gothic Louis XII wing which dates from the late fifteenth/early sixteenth centuries. On the right you can see the spire and roof line of the castle's chapel.

The Louis XII wing of the Château de Blois. October 2012.

The royal château at Blois is an amalgam of many architectural styles ranging from the medieval to the classical, the last of which was never fully realized before construction was halted in the seventeenth century.

4 comments:

  1. The photo looks good to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good photo, true! Just, missing the left side wing, Evelyn! ;) The only photo I have (to show to my students), that has all three wings, is, indeed, a distorted image.... a fisheye style, I think... something I found online ;)
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great photo and a fascinating structure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only chateau we visited! It was worth it, too!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!