Friday, May 05, 2023

The François I stair

The courtyard side of the Château de Blois includes this grand staircase. The sixteenth century building was constructed in the Italian-inspired renaissance style under King François I.

The François I stair at the Château de Blois. October 2012.

Today I'm planning a trip to a nearby market for tomato seedlings and a few other things. It's expected to rain some, so I'll have to make a decision about going as the morning progresses. I dug up the planting strip around the Real Fake Well yesterday. Its winter growth of weeds had to come out. I have some agapanthes (agapanthus) that I want to plant there this year. I've been holding them in the greenhouse since last fall.

4 comments:

  1. That building never ceases to amaze me. I'm trying to decide what to do with my day after a mess of a start. I wish it would rain here. None in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now, I'll have to look up what agapanthes is :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy, I think it is also called the lily of the Nile. It has usually a blue flower.

      Delete
  3. mitch, looks like a rainy week for us, and next weekend was going to be when I plant the vegetable garden.

    judy, you'll probably recognize it when you see it.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!