Thursday, May 25, 2023

Chickpea salad

For some reason, we have a surplus of chickpeas in the pantry. Probably because of sales, but it could also just be forgetfulness. So I went on line to get some ideas for using them. Chickpea salad on the site Natasha's Kitchen caught my eye. I didn't even know our dog had a blog, let alone that she was a first rate chef. LOL.

Chickpea salad with tomato, cucumber, corn, avocado, feta cheese, and cilantro.

It's a pretty easy salad to make and it can be varied almost infinitely. I added corn kernels to the mix. The dressing is a simple mix of olive oil with lemon juice and garlic, but almost any vinaigrette-style dressing would work. I grilled a couple of Toulouse sausages to have along side. A good summery lunch!

7 comments:

  1. I love chickpeas. Two of my favorite food groups are chickpeas and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, that looks great! Bring on the summer time meals! (Thanks, Tasha... good dog :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked at the chickpeas in my pantry yesterday. Thanks for the idea. It looks delicious.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tomatoes - ok. I thought they were strawberries! Looks interesting - I might have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mitch, good choices. I'd replace chocolate with pizza. ;)

    judy, she has many hidden talents.

    bettyann, it was, and you can just make it up as you go along.

    anon, thanks!

    mary, as much as I love strawberries, I don't think I'd put them in this salad...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!