Thursday, May 18, 2023

Campanules

Bellflowers in English. These come up every year next to our front door, having been planted many years ago by the previous owner. They flower from spring through fall, as long as we, or Mother Nature, keep them well watered. There's another patch on the northeast corner of the house, but it's not as brilliant as this patch. I've tried to propagate them into the Real Fake Well a time or two, but they never took hold. Probably because I didn't water them enough in those especially hot and dry years.

Campanules and hortensia (hydrangea).

Speaking of dry, we're supposed to be warming up with little precipitation through the weekend. It's time to get out there and finish preparing the vegetable garden, which means one more once-over with the tiller and, finally, planting the seedlings out. I'm looking forward to that.

4 comments:

  1. I love naturalized flower beds like that. Beautiful. Rain? We’ve got that forecast for the next several days (including last night) but still nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mitch, I'd trade you some rain for some warmth, if I could.

    chm, :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!