Monday, May 01, 2023

Seedlings

Most of my seeds sprouted. They're mostly zucchini. Rest assured that most of them will be tossed. I'll plant two or three of the best looking seedlings. Now that Tasha's on a steady diet of grated zucchini mixed in with her wet food, we have another use for them. The musk pumpkins are up, too, but I had no luck with the red Etampes (old seeds). I stuck two more seeds into the dirt yesterday. I'd like one of each of the pumpkin varieties in the garden this year. Their roaming nature and broad leaves help to keep weeds down.

Seedlings in the greenhouse.

What's missing are tomatoes. I decided this year to buy tomato plants from a grower at one of the weekly outdoor markets nearby and see how that works. I'll plant bean seeds directly out in the garden plot in a couple of weeks, after frost danger is over.

Today is Labor Day. But it's also Deck Day for us. At long last, we'll be moving our outdoor furniture, some plants, and the BBQ grill out to the newly renovated deck today. I'll be grilling boudin noir (blood sausage) for lunch, if all goes according to plan.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Labor Day. Sounds like you'll be doing some laboring. But so satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you'll be able to enjoy the deck now. I have to admit I've never tried boudin noir, as it just sounds too gruesome in English. Is it tasty? Spicy at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of boudin noir! Must research it, now! Happy May 1! Happy Deck Day 1!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, yes, it's good to start getting back to normal.

    judy, :)

    evelyn, thanks!

    kiwi, it's very good. There's a spicy version from the Antilles, and it's good. The normal French stuff is flavored with either onions or apples, both delicious.

    mary, I think the English call it black pudding, if that helps.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!