Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Flowers on deck

The geraniums are all planted as are the impatiens (I don't have photos of them yet). I put two pots of three plants each on the deck, then put eight plants in the kitchen window boxes.

The only thing missing is the umbrella. And some sunshine.

Here's hoping they survive. This morning's low temperature is about 7ºC (just under 45ºF, brrr!). It's expected to stay that way through to the weekend. No freezes are predicted, so that's good, but it's still chilly. I also cut the west forty yesterday. Yay!

I got one step done in the tax return prep. I have a spreadsheet that I use to record all of our taxable income by source and to calculate the equivalent in euros. So I got that completed for 2022. Now it's just a matter of putting the numbers in the return form on line and hit "submit." The French form is automatically filled out with French income sources and all the other information that doesn't usually change (names, addresses, filing status, etc.), so it just needs a once-over and it's done.

5 comments:

  1. Ugh, taxes. We are still paying two accountants, one here and one in California. The one here is better and charges about 20% of what the one in California charges. We need to look it all over this year and learn to do it ourselves (the California part at least). The deck looks great. We're planning to plant some geraniums this year. I guess we should get on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing missing is the umbrella…and Bertie sleeping in one of those chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your terrace looks beautiful and ready for summer.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. That nice deck tile was worth the wait- I have a feeling the first tiler wouldn't have done as nice a job. Your neighbors yard is so lush! We had a downpour yesterday evening and everything is lush here too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so nice! Congrats on getting headway on big chores, Walt!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!