Sunday, May 14, 2023

It's easy being green

With relatively warm temperatures and a good amount of rain, this spring is one of the greenest in recent memory. The grass is growing so fast that even the people who do the mowing and trimming along the roads and in other public areas are having a hard time keeping up. In places, the grasses and wildflowers are almost a meter high. I haven't cut the north forty at all (except for a path around the edges). It's my experiment in growing a meadow. I was waiting to see if poppies would sprout like they did last year, but so far they're not.

Looking west out the den window.

I'm itching to cut the west forty, but it's been either too rainy or too wet from dew. Oh well. I'm not complaining; we need the rain. The grass will take care of itself and eventually I'll get it back in shape. Meanwhile, it's pretty.

4 comments:

  1. Mitch beat me to the word "lush". I love seeing meadows of wildflowers. Hoping for poppies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty, and we all want to say how lush it is :)
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. mitch, evelyn, judy, I feared you were talking about me...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!