Friday, May 19, 2023

Oh, the anguish

I'm still procrastinating on the tax return. I don't know why, it's not difficult and there are no problems. I'm just busy doing other things. The weather is decent right now, except for the chilly mornings, and I've been working on little yard and garden projects. You know, make hay while the sun shines. Then there's food shopping and making/grilling lunch. Today I'm going up to the supermarket to trade in an empty gas bottle for a full one so we don't run out. I have two small bottles for the grill so that I always have a spare. I'll take Tasha with me; she likes to ride in the car. She barks at oncoming traffic.

Part of a display of gargoyles at the Château de Blois. October 2012.

Then there are the two larger bottles that we used in the house for the gas stove before we made the switch to induction. I've been using that leftover gas in the grill for a while. Once they're empty (and it's close), those bottles go back to the supermarket and we get our deposit (made in 2008) refunded.

Ken tilled the vegetable garden plot again yesterday. It's the third pass and maybe the last before I plant the seedlings out. The grass continues to grow wildly so I'll likely be mowing again soon, weather permitting.

4 comments:

  1. I love gargoyles. Sterling Library at Yale has some wonderful ones. Something else I'd love for the terrace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, that's a great picture!
    I'm so glad that Tasha likes to ride in a car, so you and Ken can get back to discovering more corners of the world over there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear me that is one unhappy looking gargoyle !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel. As of Monday, I am free. U.S. taxes and FBAR and FR taxes all done. Such a relief to get it over with.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!