Monday, May 15, 2023

Salmon on the grill

It had been a while since we cooked fish on the grill. And certainly a while since salmon was that fish. But last week I had a hankerin' for the pink stuff and found some at the market where I got the geraniums. We seasoned it with salt and pepper, added some hot smoked paprika and a few shakes of liquid smoke, and grilled it low and slow, trying to evoke that smokey flavor that goes so well with salmon.

An opportunity to use the fish platter.

It didn't taste particularly smokey (meaning that we didn't over-do it), but it was tasty nonetheless. We served it with steamed broccoli and potatoes and Ken made a beurre blanc (butter, shallots, white wine) sauce to pull it all together. We should do fish on the grill more often.

Sauced and served.

I've got two weeks to submit our French tax return before the deadline. It will probably only take me an hour to do, so I just have to do it. I keep finding ways to put it off. Yesterday, I potted impatiens and grilled half a chicken for lunch. How will I procrastinate today?

9 comments:

  1. That fish sounds so tasty, makes me long for what used to be my favorite Japanese restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That meal looks delectable. No grill here. I miss fish on the grill. In Connecticut, we did it several days a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's more fun to pot plants than do taxes. I really need to clean off my desk today or maybe tommorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Procrastinating is in the nature of man! I wonder about animals; of course they cannot tell us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way you procrastinate. And that meal is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was Chrissoup

    ReplyDelete
  7. chm, which one was your favorite?

    mitch, I can see Jerry out there on Christmas Eve, grilling salmon, all bundled up in his nordic finest. ;)

    evelyn, or you can cut the grass! LOL

    chris, it turned out nice and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually did grill straight through the winter. We had a huge deck and moved the 3-burner grill close to the family room doors so we wouldn't have to trudge too far through the snow. It was a lot of fun. Amazingly, Jerry didn't wear his parka.

      Delete
  8. My favorite Japanese restaurant was the Sushi-Zen in the Lee-Harrison shopping center in Arlington, Virginia.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!