Tuesday, February 27, 2024

A fountain in Venasque

My photos are kind of mixed up. This one was taken in a small town called Vénasque, not far north of Gordes, a little south and east of Carpentras. I was able to identify the place by searching the web for the restaurant in the photo, L'Auberge de la Fontaine. A quick visit to Google Maps street view confirmed it.

Look at the doggies! I'm not sure what I was trying to capture here. Digitized color slide, Venasque, September 2001.

The restaurant seems to still be there, and it doesn't look much different than it did in 2001. I wish I had taken more photos there. Maybe I was getting burned out on tiny picturesque hilltop villages. Here's the fountain from another angle.

A better, slightly, view of the fountain. Digitized color slide, Venasque, September 2001.


4 comments:

  1. Yeah, how many tiny picturesque hilltop villages can anyone take?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can take as many of these hilltop villages as you can dish out. :)
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. mitch, once you start seeing the same souvenirs in the shops in each town, it's probably time to think about it.

    judy, :)

    bettyann, I don't even remember how many we visited on this trip, although scanning the slides is helping. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!