Wednesday, February 21, 2024

More ochre

Not much going on here right now. We're expecting a rain event to move in this afternoon, but it looks like it'll only be light rain by the time it gets here. I need to go outside and gather some more kindling before the rain starts. I made a fire yesterday, but I may not make one today since it's supposed to stay relatively warm. Cooler temps are predicted toward the weekend, so I'll probably burn more wood then.

Ochre colored buildings in Rousillon. Digitized color slide, September 2001.


3 comments:

  1. Do you have an in-house temperature at which you light a fire or turn on the heat? We had friends with an old farmhouse in Massachusetts. Fire or heat would not be lit until inside temperature was below 60F. We could see our breath in their drafty kitchen. We spent every Christmas with them … and stayed in a motel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful photo with so much texture.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. mitch, the heat comes on if the great room temp goes below 18.5ºC. The fire is lit when I feel like it. It's also in the great room, so when the room heats up from the fire, the central heating goes off, and the rest of the house cools down. I think I've seen my breath in the house maybe once or twice in the past 20 years. Motel was a smart choice!

    bettyann, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!