Friday, February 02, 2024

I shutter to think

I think this window is in Lourmarin. The photo is among those from there, so it's a logical deduction. I wonder if it's still there and, if so, what color it is now.

Window and shutter in Lourmarin. Digitized color slide, September 2001.

I mentioned yesterday that today, la Chandeleur, is crêpe day. I'll make the batter for the dessert crêpes this morning so it can rest in the fridge until I make them. We're going to use store-bought crêpes for the savory course. My last few attempts at making buckwheat crêpes from scratch have not been very successful. I'll let you know how it goes.

5 comments:

  1. Store-bought crepes? The entire dish would be store-bought if I were doing it. I do love that house and window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely color! Hoping the crepes turned out well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had them for dinner yesterday and mine turned out rather well. I thought I would have problems turning them and getting them out of the pan but for once it was easy and I only put a little butter in the pan for the first one. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The window is perfect just the way it is. Ash Wednesday is late this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scene.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!