Sunday, February 11, 2024

A wider shot

Still in Gordes, here's a more conventional shot of the town. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the impressive château that I see in other online photos of the town. The church is Saint-Firmin with its wrought iron belfry.

The hilltop town of Gordes. Digitized color slide, September 2001.

We didn't spend a lot of time in Gordes, although it's quite possible to do. Down below, not far from the town itself, is the famous Abbaye de Sénanque, also worth a visit.

4 comments:

  1. Imagine the calves on the ancients (and the currents)! That's steep — and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We say the Abbaye de Sénanque once when the lavender was blooming- a beautiful sight. I'd hate to climb those hills of Gordes at my age....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Il y a un maison. I just learned this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, I think we parked on the road up (rather than try to drive into the center) and walked the rest of the way. That's where this (and other) photos were taken. Good excuse to rest!

    evelyn, That must have been a sight! I think I could still do it, but much slower and with more stops along the way.

    michael, cool! Maison is feminine... il y a une maison. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!