Saturday, February 03, 2024

Crêpes de la Chandeleur

Friday's savory crêpes were delicious despite our having used supermarket crêpes. We filled each of them with a slice of ham, sautéed mushrooms, grated cheese, and an egg. But when we folded them before baking, they kind of fell apart. I may try again in a few days, and maybe heat the crêpes before stuffing them to see if that makes a difference. We'll see. But I think that next year I'll go back to making my own.

Sorry about the dirty plate. This was the second helping. You can see that the crêpe itself broke along the fold lines. But it tasted great!

The home-made dessert crêpes worked marvelously and were also delicious. The recipe comes from an old book by a woman named Monique Maine and I've been using that recipe for years, decades even. I didn't take any pictures of those, of course. D'oh!

10 comments:

  1. It looks delicious. I remember going out for dessert crepes on 24th Street (I think) in Noe Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious!
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading your blog decided to make crepes, using my sourdough starter and buckwheat flour. Used the recipe from Ballerinafarm. Filled with sautéed leeks, mushrooms and garlic, with some Gruyère cheese. Thanks for your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, I wonder where that was? I can't remember.

    evelyn, they tasted great. We each had two.

    bettyann, yes!

    william, sounds good!

    judy, it was!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could remember the name of the place. I looked at the map and found where it was, but it’s clearly not there anymore. Then again, it WAS 25 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Second helping - still looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was Mary in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never seen this before: hey! I learned something !

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!