Tuesday, July 02, 2024

Holy moley

The moles are back. Not in great numbers, but there are two areas where fresh hills are appearing. This one is in the north forty, the other is in the west. They're not a big problem, but the hills are unsightly.

They kind of look like cow patties. They're just dirt.

Yesterday I did some trimming, cutting off most of the low-hanging branches on the apple trees. They tend to slap me in the face when I run under them with the mower. And the apples are getting big enough to hurt when they bump my head. So, off they went!

7 comments:

  1. I just hope they don’t make a mountain out of any of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen molehills since I left the farm - decades ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More time for trimming, when you can ride to mow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have smaller hills full of fire ants. They are easier to get rid of than moles but their bite is quite bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary in Oregon02 July, 2024 17:52

    "Off with their Heads!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a huge mole problem in our backyard. Or maybe it is voles?

    ReplyDelete
  7. mitch, haha!

    travel, they probably look the same. ;)

    judy, is there math involved? lol

    evelyn, thankfully, the moles don't bite humans.

    mary, :)

    michael, I think we have both. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!