Thursday, February 20, 2014

Acorns

Or, what's left after the critters take the fruit. There are still plenty of whole acorns scattered under the oaks that grow around the vineyards. I don't know if that means that the oaks produced a lot last year, or that the critters are finding other sources of food during this mild winter.

Acorn caps scattered about.

After a few relatively dry days (thank goodness), the rain is back. It's not raining much; we had a few squalls on Wednesday and just some light drizzle this morning.

4 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful composition, and I love the color of the insides of the caps. Looks like more rain in the forecast... sorry 'bout that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are always so stunning, Walt (the Fourth). You often shoot things I've seen my entire life and yet I always feel like I'm seeing them for the first time. You've got a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "But, they do square, that all their elves for fear
    Creep into acorn-cups and hide them there."

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!