Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Bloomin'

The clary sage plants around the real fake well are flowering now. Their purple flower stalks start out horizontal, but as the flowers open, they point skyward. Our little volunteer wheat crop in the well is also looking good. Better than weeds, anyway.

Clary sage and wheat in flower.

Ken picked up another grocery order from the Super U drive on Monday. This time they had the chicken wings that we've ordered twice before but didn't get. I like to make Buffalo style chicken wings from time to time, so I'm happy.

Today I'm planning an outing to our local garden center. My goal is to get geraniums for the deck planters, petunias (actually surfinia, a cascading variety) for the kitchen window boxes, some green bean seeds, and some soil. Garden centers have been open all through our confinement, having been deemed essential businesses.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I’ve been waiting for pictures of your clary sage in bloom! Beautiful, thank you.

    I just discovered that the seed company I’ve ordered from before is not shipping now. I hope they’re not closing permanently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing that wheat, maybe a poppy will appear one day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garden centers here were at least partially open all along. Now in Illinois you can go if you wear a mask and stay 6 feet away from any people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bettyann, oh, that would be too bad. I hope not, too.

    evelyn, you never know!

    harriett, I think it's partially because a lot of people grow vegetables and fruits and the garden center is where they get seedlings and other needs. Also, pet food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our garden centers had been closed. But we're very excited to be heading to our favorite one tomorrow. It's about a 30-minute drive and will be our first time to leave town since early March.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!