Sunday, September 06, 2020

From the archives

I took this shot back in 2016 when I spent the night in Paris on my way to visit the US. The Panthéon had recently undergone a renovation and the colonnade around its dome was open to visitors. I posted the color version of this image in 2016, so here's a re-worked black and white version.

The Eiffel Tower seen from the Panthéon dome, May 2016.

Summer and fall are playing footsie with the weather. Summery days are alternating with fall-like temperatures. After a while the summery days will fade into memory while fall asserts itself.

9 comments:

  1. I remember your color version. Loved it. And I love the B&W. Who could resist converting it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Paris lends itself to B&W photography very well.
    I don’t know how I missed your delicious looking apple pie yesterday! I must have been busy doing nothing. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also remember the original photo...and the ones around Albany.
    Great pic of the newly minted acorns. Their husks look as though they've been crocheted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to look again at the acorns, Sheila!
      Yes, God is talented in so many ways: who would have guessed she could crochet, too! Lovely shot, Walt!


      Delete
  4. Wow, that is a great photo. I love it, especially, in black and white. You and Ken both had cool Eiffel Tower photos today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed your first post of this, so I got to see both today. Wow- love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW Walt, perhaps you read David Lebowitz's blog; in his current one he shares his recipe for radish pesto (!!!) Pretty close to the one I found after you talked about it. I still need to buy some fresher radishes with the greens that will make perfect pesto! Guess I'll have to go to the local street market next Saturday - they will be the freshest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy your b/w photos. I still enjoy 'the road' you kindly let me download for wallpaper

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you all enjoyed it! And, yes, I thought those acorns were wearing little knit caps, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!