Sunday, November 01, 2020

The end of the road

Don't read anything into that. This is where the dirt road through the vineyards out back ends, if you agree that it begins behind our house. Three roads meet here, all more or less parallel. Two of them are paved, this one is not.

The trees form an arch where the dirt road meets the paved roads. Vineyards continue west toward the horizon.


Saturday afternoon was nice, weather wise. Lots of sun, warm temperatures. I got the south 40 cut along with the strip between our hedges and the road. Now, Sunday morning, it's raining again.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice photo. I like the arch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do all three roads lead to Rome? I love the archway formed by the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Make hay while the sun shines" - or cut the grass at least!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel all . . .
    Nice picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see that a tree was planted to be centered by the photographer inside the arch!

    Mary in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  6. chm, merci.

    mitch, eventually. :)

    jean, so true. I always have that expression in the back of my mind.

    emm, thanks!

    mary, people are thoughtful like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very fond of the concept of the end of the road, what this means and what was the journey

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!