Sunday, October 10, 2021

The day before, episode two

Dare I think it? That the landscape contractor will actually show up tomorrow morning as promised? Promised "without fail" in fact. The weather is good and will be for a couple of days. Oh please, oh please!

The real fake well. It's not part of the project. At least I managed to cut away the dead clary sage plants.

We've been waiting for nearly a year. I've put off a lot of maintenance work out there thinking that there was no point since a lot will be torn up in the project. As a consequence, much of the yard looks as though nobody is taking care of it. I did get it together to pull the fallen birch branches off the fence and mostly cut up and burned in the wood stove. That was last winter. So here we are, on the eve of progress or of disappointment. Hope springs eternal.

6 comments:

Tell me what you think!