Sunday, October 03, 2021

The day before

The wind picked up on Saturday and it started raining after the sun went down. There was some rain over night, but not a lot. The wind kept blowing. Today we're expecting rain most of the morning, then the system will be moving on this afternoon. This was the sky one morning last week when the weather was a little better.

No blue sky today.

En principe, as they say, the landscaping work in our yard should start Monday. Along with the shrubs and trees that are being removed and the renovation of the garden path, the hedges will be trimmed. I'm hopeful that, since this weather system will be gone before then, we won't have any more delays. I took some "before" photos on Saturday morning. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

  1. I don’t know who’s more excited about the landscaping starting, you or I!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or I!
    Fingers crossed that the work actually starts tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chill is in the air
    which the wise know well, and even
    hard learned to bear.
    This joy, I know,
    Will soon be under snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, I am. ;)

    bettyann, thanks!

    michael, I'd like some snow. We haven't seen much in recent years. Who wrote that poem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edna St. Vincent Millay
      It is the start of the poem

      Delete

Tell me what you think!