Friday, September 02, 2022

A foggy morning

Fall is knocking at our door. Temperatures are evening out. The sun comes up later, and sets earlier. We're getting a little rain (it's raining as I type this). And morning ground fog is sneaking into the landscape. This is the view from the guest room window looking west a few days ago.

Fog in the vineyard at sunrise.

Hit the deck! Yesterday, I called a guy (a mason) that does terraces and tile work among other things. He poured a concrete patio for our new neighbors earlier this year, and they recommended him highly. I told him we are looking for someone to renovate our deck and described the project a little. He said he'd come over to take a look... in an hour! And so he did. He spent an hour with me looking and listening and explaining what he would do and why. It all sounded pretty good, so he's preparing an estimate for us. I asked him, that if we agreed, when he thought the work could get done. He said April, after winter. That's a firmer date than we ever got with the first guy. I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful foggy photo. And unbelievable news about the deck. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting about the deck! Fingers crossed :) (Or, as Stephane Plaza alllllways says, "Feeengers een zeee cross"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your deck may finally be redone. Love the view from that window!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of fresh bay leaves directly from the producer to the consumer. Did I tell you that the little one that Ken gave me a few years back was producing the last time I was in Paris?

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, we're hoping against hope that we'll have a new deck by next summer!

    judy, ha!

    travel, we like it!

    evelyn, :)

    chm, we have no shortage of them!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!