Friday, September 09, 2022

Late summer

Fall has a couple more weeks to wait. Summer's not quite done yet. I picked some green beans yesterday and there are more to come. There are more (tiny) tomatoes to be picked. And the grape harvest, while early, has only just begun.

A late summer view of the vineyards behind our house.

I suppose that the next two weeks will not be about the weather or the arrival of autumn, but about the British monarchy, the death of Elizabeth and the (presumed) ascension to the throne of Charles. Memorials and retrospectives and ceremonies. And a heaping helping of speculation. Ad nauseam. No surprise there.

7 comments:

  1. This photo is stunning and the lighting is perfection. You’ve outdone yourself (a regular occurrence).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mitchell and Evelyn!
    That lone tree always remind me of that etching that was hanging over the fireplace in San Francisco and now over the TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...reminds... Sorry. Blogger should have a way to edit a published comment.

      Delete
  3. I've been enjoying the skies in your photos. Especially yesterdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, aw, shucks.

    evelyn, what I said to mitchell.

    chm, I agree about the editing. Oh well, you get what you pay for.

    mary, good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes this looks the epitome of late summer. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!