Monday, September 19, 2022

Misty morning

Here's a view of the walled city of Saint-Malo on the Brittany coast on a misty morning back in the winter of 1992. We had spent the night in town and were just on our way west, looking back. The city was all but destroyed during the Second World War. It was rebuilt mostly as it was shortly after.

Saint-Malo in the mist. Digitized color slide, January 1992.

This morning is another chilly one. The indoor thermostat wants to turn the central heating on, but I'm overriding that manually. The days are predicted to be sunny this week and the house warms up naturally. I'll save the fossil fuel for when it really gets cold. That's not too far away, I'm sure.

4 comments:

  1. What an ethereal image. The weather sure has turned. Ours is still summerish, but the surf is looking like winter this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. One of the first poems I ever memorized was about the autumn. It ends "They days are still bright but the nights grow cold"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice misty photo. I take your word it is Saint-Malo! Kidding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Commented above on my new machine and it’s much more complicated than this old one!

      Delete

Tell me what you think!