Sunday, September 25, 2022

When life gives you apples

Make une tarte aux pommes (an apple tart)! While picking up apples on Friday, Ken and I put aside a few that looked good, without blemishes or insect damage. On Saturday morning I made a crust and a small batch of applesauce. I spread the applesauce on the blind-baked tart shell, then layered sliced apples on top. After baking, I glazed the tart with some gelée de coing (quince jelly).

Cooled, still in the pan, and glazed.

I'm hoping I'll need to pick up apples only once more this season. We'll see. While most of them have fallen, I think there are still quite a few on the trees.

7 comments:

  1. Your apple tart is so beautiful I can almost taste it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I meant to add that using quince jelly as glaze is a great idea, I shall copy it next time I need a glaze myself.

      Delete
  3. An absolute work of art - and healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A reward after picking up all those unedible apples! Now, I want a piece of apple tarte!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot what sort of apples these are, and are the better than store-bought types - I bet they are!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!