Sunday, September 04, 2022

More grapes

The grape harvest continues. So far, all I've seen are white grapes (sauvignon, based on where they're working) being picked and it's being done with mechanical harvesters. The red grapes are still on the vine, ripening, I suppose. There is no hand-harvesting going on yet that I can see.

Abundance!

Saturday morning's market run was successful. I got what I needed from the supermarket, then went over to the outdoor market. The Asian guys were back from vacation so I was able to get some nems (Vietnamese egg rolls). I also walked down to a jewelry store in town and got two watch batteries replaced along with a new band.

The big news is that I saw a sign at a construction site across the street from the supermarket that said a new Lidl store is going in. We go to Lidl every once in a while, but the locations closest to us (there are three) are all about a forty minute drive away. The new store will be just a few minutes away.

8 comments:

  1. Great news about the Lidl convenience. I love the blue violet (or violet blue) of those grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful grapes and congrats on the new store.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is an Aldi soon to open about 5 minutes from the condo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We also admire the Aldi's over here in WA, so much better then Woolworth and Coles ...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lidl? I've never heard of them, so I Googled... surprised to see a US version of their website, and then clicked on locations, and WHOA! LOL They are all over the east coast of the U.S.! I've never heard of them. Cool for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When in France, we hit a few LIDL's but we preferred Auchan and Carrefour. But any large supermarché close by is better than driving for 40 minutes! The ones we were in only had their merchandise on pallets. The stores were not attractive at all and not very merchandised (just long aisles with no departments). That's been a while, so maybe they have improved their strategies. One can only hope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mitch, it is an interesting color.

    bettyann, :)

    travel, there are a couple Aldi store around, but they are not close and they haven't really grabbed us.

    jan, I didn't know Woolworth still existed!

    judy, Ken went to one in Morehead City!

    mary, the bigger stores have much more to offer, but Lidl has many good items and good deals.

    michael, before long, they'll be wine!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!