Monday, September 12, 2022

Last gasp?

Summer is waning but today will be hot, going over 30ºC (approaching 90ºF) this afternoon. Still, the telltale signs of fall are out there. I haven't seen any more harvesting out back for a few days, but that just means the growers are working in other parcels.

White grapes, probably sauvignon, ready for harvest. And the vine leaves are starting to turn.

We're trying something new this Friday. I made an appointment with a dog groomer who makes house calls. She has a camping-car (RV) that's been converted to a mobile grooming shop and she'll be here on Friday morning to bathe and trim Tasha. All she needs from us (besides her fee) is an outlet to plug into. She carries everything else, including water, in the RV. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm doing without news and certain blogs this morning in an attempt not to find out who won the men's final at the US Open until I can watch it. I recorded it overnight. I hope.

5 comments:

  1. No spoiler alert from me. The traveling dog groomer sounds great. I’ll be interested to read how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a great convenience, the traveling Tasha groomer!
    I hope you enjoy the Open... no spoiler from me, either... I have no knowledge of anything related to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, but my lips are sealed and my fingers unavailable! Stay cool and calm with 90+ temperatures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the groomer. We used to have someone like that come to our place in Los Angeles. Our pup got lots of treats when she was being groomed, so she would get excited whenever she saw the van!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, it's a first for us. My biggest worry is getting the RV/camper into the driveway.

    judy, we enjoyed the match (even though my recording didn't work perfectly).

    mary, calm is easy, cool not so much!

    kiwi, ooh, treats!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!