Monday, September 05, 2022

Spooky chokes

Fall is coming. That means Halloween is coming. And so are the ghouls and goblins. And the un-dead artichokes.

I know what Dr. Spo in Arizona would call these.

I made some good progress with our blocked drain pipe yesterday. Our power washer has a drain-snake attachment. I got it to go almost the full length of the troublesome pipe, but there is still an obstruction at the end where it empties into the roadside ditch. The problem is that we filled in the ditch a long time ago. Aha, you might say. That's why the pipe is blocked!

Now I'm thinking we should try to dig out the area where the drain pipe should be to see if we can find it and unblock it. But where has the water been going since 2011 when the ditch was filled in? Hmm...

5 comments:

  1. Hmm, indeed.

    That photo is a classic. It might have been used in a scene from Star Trek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I third the, "Hmm...". Can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm…. a mystery that you will certainly solve.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! You beat me to the bell! I had the thought as soon as I spotted these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, This Side of Paradise.

    judy, I dug, but didn't find anything, except that I'm too old to be diggin' ditches.

    bettyann, so far, no good.

    michael, I knew you would! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!