Thursday, September 15, 2022

Just in time

Last evening, well before sunset, I took Tasha out for her pm walk. The sky was noticeably dark out to the southwest and I could hear thunder rumbling in the distance. I decided to walk around the vineyard parcels to our north then circle back along the road, just in case.

A tractor path between woods and vines.

When we got back home, there was definitely a thunder storm moving toward us from the south. We sat on the deck for a few minutes to watch, but then the rain started. With the wind, the deck was getting wet, so we scurried indoors. The storm didn't last very long (maybe fifteen minutes), but if we had gone out any later, Tasha and I would have been soaked.

6 comments:

  1. I read something recently, some people walk in the rain, some just get wet. You would have walked in the marvel of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your deck is good for storm watching. Glad your timing was good for your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I had a dog while living here in Oregon, rain couldn't keep us from going for a walk or we'd never get outside during some periods! Glad you were able to change your course and bet on the time before the rain arrived! Well done!
    Did Tasha sit and watch the rain with you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, we walk in the rain often enough, but drying off the dog is a chore. And then there was the lightning...

    judy, yup!

    travel, I like walking in light rain. I've been caught in some real downpours (with the dog). That's not as much fun.

    evelyn, yes, when it's warm and not too windy!

    mary, yes, she did!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!