Thursday, September 08, 2022

Slow and steady

The grape harvest continues out back. I've seen workers hand-picking grapes in several parcels while the mechanical harvester plies the rows in others. I took this picture yesterday across a few parcels to our north and west, overlooking the Cher Valley.

A mechanical harvester does its work (it's just to the left of the house in the center of the photo) just after sunrise on Wednesday.

So far, I've seen only white grapes being picked. Ken said he saw a truckload of red grapes go by the other day, but I missed it. As for the weather, it's getting chillier with more light rain showers. Feels like fall.

7 comments:

  1. Feels like fall here, too. Sunshine. Comfortable temps and breezes. Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose the hand picked grapes are used in a above average wine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice place to get to take your walks, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely view of your countryside.
    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like seeing the valley in this photo. I bet the wine this year will be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sera-ce un bon millésime?

    ReplyDelete
  7. mitch, a good time of year, usually.

    andrew, I'm sure that's the idea.

    judy, for sure!

    bettyann, :)

    evelyn, this spot is a little higher than closer to home so there's a better view.

    chm, the proof will be in the drinking!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!